An Important Update June 1st
Dear Valued Clients,
Please know that the health and safety of our patients, clients, staff, and community are always our top priorities. As Texas opens back up, things in Austin may remain in a state of constant flux. With this in mind, we are monitoring and adjusting our approach to serve the best interest of our community, staff, and the animals of Austin. We feel confident moving forward with our plan to continue treating as we have since March. We are taking extra precautions due to COVID and we want you to know that we are here for you.
The following is our protocol at this time:
- All clients are going to be sent the admitting form- this will limit the face to face interaction with technician/doctor time with each client.
- With the admitting form filled out the Doctors and technicians will review your information.
- We ask that you call when you pull in and the team member will instruct you on the next steps.
- We ask you to place the carrier outside of their car so we can retrieve the patient. If you have a dog, we ask that you let us put double leashes on your pets and then hand the leash and stay arms length apart.
- We are going to preform the exam and will have the Doctor call with their plan-confirm treatments and medications to be filled.
- You then can pay over the phone.
- Your pet is then brought out to you.
Phone consultation will be a case by case situation with the option for telemedicine.
We will still send an admitting form to be filled out. The Doctor will review the form and decide dependent on the description of each case whether or not a virtual consultation is appropriate.
If approved there is an consultation fee. If the request is denied we will need to schedule an appointment to drop off your pet.
*** Clients are welcome to drop off samples at the front door as well as pick up medication and food, please call when you are here***
Please if you have any concerns contact our manager Lenore and she will be more than happy to answer your questions!
For additional information please click on these useful links:AVMA Useful information for pet ownersCDC Corona Virus Response
Dr. Spitz and the LABAH staff