- You need to make an appointment. We like harmony and joy in our clinic and too many pets turning up at once makes for chaos. Once you schedule an appointment, that time is reserved exclusively for you and your pet. Please take a moment to review our missed appointment policy.
- This does not apply to emergencies. You just come on in with your pet and we'll be with you right away, but please try and call us on the way so we are ready and waiting. If you are a patient with a scheduled appointment and we bump you temporarily in favor of an emergency, we ask that you be patient (and remain peacefully thankful that it's not your pet) until we can see you.
We require at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment. For all missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged a Missed Appointment Fee of $56.75.
The same 24 hours notice is required for surgeries as well. For all missed or cancelled surgeries with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged a Missed Surgery Fee of $107.25.
For your protection and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms. All cats must be in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash. Please, no exceptions; sometimes our waiting room is a melting pot of creatures and we want you all to stay safe and happy.
- For scheduled appointments, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time so we can check you in. If it is your and/or your pet's first visit to our clinic, please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out additional paperwork. All forms are available online to fill out ahead of time.
Cosmetic procedures / declawing
- We will not conduct cosmetic procedures. No tail docks or ear crops—we support the right to wag! We will not declaw your cat. There are alternatives to declawing which we will happily talk to you about.
We do not offer discounts for breeders. There is a pet population problem, people! We do offer discounts to those pet owners who get their pets from an animal shelter.
- Euthanasia is not a "service" we offer. Our take on euthanasia is a "policy," because it is a strongly held belief we have that we exist to cater to the best interests of the patient. We will only accept our own patients and only if we believe it is in their best interest. We do not perform "convenience" euthanasia under any circumstances.
- We will not treat, and thus encourage the ownership of, exotics. Birds need to fly. Monkeys need to swing. We do treat wildlife. Texas wildlife. Car-struck deer and bent tail possums—stuff like that. We don’t even charge for that; we just ask that you donate to one of the wildlife charities in our area.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, cash, checks, Care Credit, and Citi Health. Payment is due at the time services are rendered.
- We only sell prescription diets to our clients. Please note that we can not guarantee any product will be in stock unless you have placed an order for it. Our prescription diets can also be sold through our online pharmacy.
- Please call in your refill request at least 2-3 days ahead of time. Compounded and some other medications may require more time. If your pet needs blood work performed prior to a refill, make sure to do so within the time frame as directed by the doctor.